In today’s digital world, stories are built for multiple connection points across various devices. Zac Murphy’s career began as a story architect developing content engagement strategies for English First, a global corporation with an online language learning product. This experience was the starting point in his film career and his pursuit to produce stories to build meaningful engagement. Zac lived in Asia and worked in brand journalism with companies like Siemens, Disney, and Procter & Gamble. His narrative films have premiered at the Hong Kong Film Festival, Antwerp Museum of Cinematography, Worldfest Houston Film Festival, and Idyllwild Festival of Cinema in California. Zac is a Senior Digital Content Strategist for The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) and focuses on social listening and strategic storytelling. Zac is known for creating authentic narrative threads that reveal meaningful insights into subjects that positively impact our communities.
Zac received his Master of Communication in Digital Media from the University of Washington and a B.S. in Industrial Design from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA.
Ask He/Him about:
- Writing/producing/filming powerful and cinematic stories for public service
- Building campaigns for social media for a state agency
- Live streaming events for state agencies, non-profits or community-based organizations
- I’m learning about very powerful tools for social listening
- Practicing Chinese ( Mandarin )
- Anything that beeps! I like hardware and have built workstations to storage servers for editing. I’m obsessed with camera and audio gear for production.