I work as a UX Content Designer in Microsoft’s Cloud and AI Design Studio, because I pursue work that feels like a puzzle. I’m happiest when wrangling unruly ideas into digital experiences that feel seamless and captivating.
I’m a former fisheries ecologist (ask me about marine and aquatic ecosystems!) and use my background in the natural sciences every single day. It makes me think empirically and methodically about how the products I’m designing and writing for are nested in the ecosystem of a user’s goals and our business goals as a company.
- Master of Communication in Digital Media from the University of Washington (2019)
- Master of Science in Natural Resources from the University of Vermont (2016)
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Science from Boston University (2013)
- 2 years in content strategy and UX
- 3 years in science communication
Ask me about:
- Career transitions
- Science communication
- Content strategy
- Salary negotiations
- Job search strategies
- Working as a contractor vs. FTE