Ekta is a Marketing and Communication professional with more than 10 years of experience in integrated marketing, communications strategy development, audio-visual content creation, and public relations. She is passionate about uplifting under-represented voices through storytelling and contributing to building more equitable and diverse workplaces.
Ekta moved to the US from India in 2015, and was a stay at home mom before she decided to join CommLead for a second Masters degree. She has explored multiple paths in her career, and loves to learn. She started her professional education in New Delhi, India with a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, and cleared mid-level examinations for Chartered Accountancy. From accountancy, she pivoted to video production and completed a Masters degree in Mass Communication, landing her dream job working on India’s first reality TV show, ‘Hospital’ for BBC World. A few years later, she shifted gears to PR and spent 6 years working in tech and corporate PR, before becoming a stay at home mom. Currently, she works as a Marketing Manager in the Marketing, Innovation and eXperience (MIX) team at T-Mobile and is responsible for developing integrated marketing strategy for demand-gen campaigns.
She was recognized as a Husky 100 in 2021, and completed Masters in Communications in Communication Leadership from CommLead in 2022 where she specialized in Marketing and Analytics.
Ask her about:
- Integrated Marketing Strategy
- Product/Offer launches
- Consumer Insights and audience research
- Behavior change campaigns for social impact
- Marketing Analytics (performance measurement)
- Building cross-functional relationships
- Public Relations & storytelling
- Joining full time work after long career breaks, developing your story (elevator pitch)
- Instinctive cooking, bollywood movies and music, documentary filmmaking