We offer two certificate programs, Emerging Technologies & Trends and Storytelling & Content Strategy, that will develop your professional communications skills and help you advance your career.
By completing the Emerging Technologies & Trends certificate program, you can earn up to 12 credits toward degree requirements should you later be accepted into the Master of Communication in Digital Media, the Master of Communication in Communication Leadership or the Master of Communication in Communities & Networks. To use these credits, you must obtain graduate non matriculated status before you register for the first course of the certificate program.
Certificate in Leadership in Emerging Technologies and Trends
In this 12-credit certificate program, you’ll explore the relationship between ethical leadership and emerging technologies. Over the course of three quarters, you’ll learn how to evaluate the larger, emerging trends in technology — from artificial intelligence and automation to smart devices and big data — in light of the values of your stakeholders, organizations and communities.
- Quarter 1: Leadership in Emerging Technologies and Trends COMMLD 580
- Quarter 2: Ethical Decision Making for Leaders COMMLD 510
- Quarter 3: Building Trust and Credibility in Storytelling for Emerging Technologies and Trends COMMLD 580.
Certificate in Storytelling & Content Strategy
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll explore proven techniques to create a powerful cross-channel content strategy. You’ll study storytelling principles to engage users in compelling ways and investigate methods to evaluate the user experience and tailor your approach to specific scenarios. We’ll also cover key data and measurement tools that will help you understand your audience and achieve your content goals.
- Quarter 1: Strategic Content: Designing for the User Experience
- Quarter 2: Strategic Storytelling: Creating Compelling Content
- Quarter 3: Strategic Analysis: Optimizing Content for Success