Applications are currently closed for the Comm Lead program while admissions procedures are being updated. We expect the application to be available again on November 1, 2015, which will give prospective students a three-month period to apply to the program before the February 1 deadline for 2016.
Thank you for your interest in the Communication Leadership graduate program. We recommend that you do not submit your application until after attending an in-person Info Session.
[Application deadline: February 1.]
This is the deadline for all students (in-state, out-of-state, and international). Applications are not reviewed until after the final application deadline of February 1. We do not offer early admissions or rolling admissions.
Only completed applications will be considered. Any application that is missing a required form, letter, etc., by the February 1 deadline will be considered incomplete and will be denied. It is the applicant’s responsibility to see that all required materials are submitted successfully.
Review our application information in this section, as well as at the Graduate School website. We emphasize clear goals and excellent writing in your application letter, as well as strong professional or academic references.
[The online application is at https://www.grad.washington.edu/applForAdmiss/.]
Please do not mail any materials to the Department of Communication or the Graduate School. Only materials submitted through the online application will be accepted and reviewed.
Prospective students must meet UW’s minimum requirements:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Have earned at least a 3.0 or B grade-point-average in the most recent two years of study.
- Be proficient in English: Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. The ways in which proficiency can be demonstrated are outlined in Memo 8: Graduate School English Language Proficiency Requirements.
International Applicants: An international applicant is anyone who is not a United States citizen or Permanent Resident. You can read FAQs for international applicants on the Graduate School website here.
The admissions application is fully online, and you will be required to provide and upload the following:
- Unofficial transcripts of previous college/university work.
- Letter of intent detailing study and career goals.
- Names and emails of three references who will provide your letters of recommendation electronically.
- Resume of professional work experience.
- Video element.
- Non-native English speakers only: Evidence of proficiency in English.Please note that applicants must meet the score minimums to be considered if using an English proficiency test to meet this requirement. AEP classes after enrollment are not a possibility for Comm Lead students.
If you have questions about the application process, please Contact us.